Friday, February 4, 2011

 Marques Mayoras Signs Letter to OSU


High School athletes have begun signing letters of intent to colleges and it’s no different for the Sporting KC Juniors. Marques Mayoras was the first of them, after he made his move to Ohio State University official Wednesday afternoon at Blue Valley Northwest High School.

Mayoras has played with the Juniors for the last two seasons ever since moving down South from New York. He’s excited to go to such a prestige school as Ohio State, but knows he isn’t done yet. “I know I still have to improve and work on my game if I want to get a spot in the starting lineup next season,” remarked Mayoras after Wednesday’s signing.

Before he heads back up North, Mayoras still has a season left with Sporting KC where he can hone his craft. “I really appreciate all that they (SKC) have done,” Mayoras said, “from paying for trips and giving me a chance to play at such a high level of the game.”

Two more Juniors, Jordan Rideout and Paul Oliver, will sign their letters on Monday at Blue Valley North High School.


No comments: